Directions to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is located at 4790 W. 16th St., Indianapolis, IN 46222. There are multiple ways of reaching the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. IMS features entrances and exits across all directions around the facility.
To help Indianapolis Motor Speedway guests determine the best driving routes to parking locations nearest to their seats, the track has been divided into three color zones. The north end of the track is the red zone, the western portion of the facility is green, while the south end being orange zone.
There is a roundabout located at 16th Street and Crawfordsville Road. Guests cannot access Georgetown Road from 16th Street or Crawfordsville Road because it does not connect to the roundabout.
Important Indy 500 Race Day Parking and Transportation Information
All Indianapolis Motor Speedway guests should be aware of the following information for a successful Race Day:
All vehicles entering the Indianapolis Motor Speedway will be subject to search. This applies to all vehicles parking inside the track (oval).
- Street Closures:
- 16th Street will be closed Indy 500 Race Day between Olin Avenue on the east to the 16th Street roundabout on the west at approximately 11 a.m. In addition, to the 16th Street closure, Polco Street will not be accessible northbound from 10th Street during this time.
- Georgetown Road, south of 25th Street, will close to ALL vehicular traffic at 7 a.m. To access parking lots along Georgetown Road after 7 a.m., please use the following routes:
- From the North: Take 25th Street to Auburn Street.
- From the South: Take Crawfordsville Road to Winton Avenue.
- Infield Race Day Parking: Guests with a pre-paid infield parking pass or infield credentialed parking pass must enter through Gate 2 or Gate 10.
- Gate 2: Must enter westbound off 16th Street (use right two lanes to enter Gate 2) Guests with 5th & Hulman Parking passes are urged to arrive at IMS via 16th Street and Gate 2. Guests with Turn 3 and Turn 4 parking are urged to arrive at IMS via 30th Street and Gate 10.
- Gate 10: Enter off 30th Street. Guests with North 40 Parking passes must use 30th Street and Gate 10 to arrive at IMS.
- Must have pre-purchased parking pass to enter any IMS lot.
- Transportation Pick Up/Drop Off
- 104th Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge rideshare information is coming soon.
Stay Up To Date With Traffic Information
For updated traffic flow and construction information please use the following:
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway offers multiple parking lots around the facility to guests with disabilities. View ADA Options In order to park in these areas, please ensure you have an authorized state-issued sticker, placard or license plate along with the person the pass is issued to. Law enforcement officers will be present to ensure that the person the pass is issued to is present in the vehicle.
All accessible Race Day Parking spaces are for purchase and require verification. To purchase ADA Tickets and Parking or for questions regarding ADA, please contact the IMS Ticket Office at 317-492-6700 or email@example.com. Learn more about ADA parking at IMS.