The Indianapolis Motor Speedway provides a variety of transportation alternatives for Indianapolis 500 Presented by Gainbridge Race Day travel. See below for information on available transportation services to IMS.
Indy 500 Race Day Shuttle Service - NOW AVAILABLE FOR 2023
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway offers round trip shuttle services for purchase providing safe and stress-free travel to the Indianapolis 500. To reserve your air conditioned Race Day shuttle service click here!
Shuttles will be transporting guests to and from IMS via 2 locations:
- Indianapolis International Airport – Ground Transportation Center
- Gate Ten Events & Parking (located across the street from Lucas Oil Stadium at 345 West McCarty St. Indianapolis, IN 46225)
- Drop off at IMS will occur in the Main Gate Parking lot across from Gate 2, on the south end of the facility.
- Downtown (Cash or Credit) will charge a $15 to park at their facility.
- The Indianapolis International Airport (Cash ONLY) will charge a $10 to park at their facility.
- All shuttle customers will return to Main Gate parking lot post race.
- All shuttle customers, regardless of age must hold a shuttle pass in order to ride.
Round Trip Price
- What time are the shuttles running?
- Pre Race: Shuttles will begin running at 7:00am and continue to run until 12:00pm (Approximate Green Flag Time). Post Race: Shuttles will begin running with 50 laps to go and continue for 2 hours after the checkered flag.
- Where can I catch the shuttle from?
- When purchasing shuttle passes, you will have the option to pick up your departure location 1). Airport 2). Downtown.
- Are the shuttle buses ADA accessible?
- Yes – we can provide transportation for customers in wheelchairs or mobility devices
- Can I buy a shuttle pass on Race Day at one of the pick-up locations?
- Yes – however, we prefer you purchase in advance. Passes can be purchased directly from our shuttle partner, at either of the pick-up locations with a credit card only.
- Where will I be dropped off at when arriving at IMS?
- All shuttles will drop off across from IMS Gate 2 located near the intersection of 16th St & Polco St. This is the same location you will return to post-race for the trip back to your point of origin.
- What can I bring on the bus with me?
- Coolers, chairs, and other items you bring along with you can be stored in the cargo containers of the bus. Please make sure all items follow IMS Gate Regulations since no items can be left on the bus during the race.
- Can I leave items on the bus during the race?
- No, items cannot be left on the bus once you arrive at IMS. You will likely take a different bus back to your point of origin after the race, so it is extremely important you collect all your belongings when arriving at IMS.
- What do I need in order to board the return shuttle after the race?
- Each guest will be provided a wristband in the morning at your point of origin. This wristband will be needed to board the shuttle after the race.
- Do I have to pay to park at my Pick-up location?
- Yes – $10 to park at the Indianapolis International Airport (cash only), or $15 at Gate Ten Events & Parking (Downtown Indianapolis) (cash or credit cards).
Guests who choose to use rideshare service to be transported to and from Indianapolis Motor Speedway will be dropped off at the Main Gate Parking lot. Guests can only be picked up from this location at the conclusion of the race.
Guests who choose to use a taxi to be transported to and from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway will be dropped off at the corner of 10th St & Polco St. Guests can only be picked up at this location at the conclusion of the race.