Cooler restrictions vary by event; please see event details below for event specific regulations on coolers. All coolers and bags must be no larger than 18”x14”x14” in size. Coolers and bags will be checked for both size and contents at each pedestrian gate. Coolers can be hard or soft sided. It is recommended that guests arrive early and allow proper time for inspection.
Special Gate Regulations in place for LPGA Event:
- Cellular phones must be turned to silent on tournament grounds.
- No coolers permitted on tournament grounds.
- No outside food or beverages. Food, beverages and alcholic beverages are available at concession stands. Please be prepared to show proof of age for alcoholic beverages. Patrons will not be allowed to leave the tournament with open containers of alcoholic beverages.
- No containers, large bags or backpacks are permitted on the grounds.
- No cameras or camcorders Thursday-Sunday of the tournament. Cameras will be allowed for personal use only Tuesday and Wednesday.
- No noise producing electronic devices, TVs, radios.
- No weapons (regardless of permit), including, but not limited to: firearms, knives and any other item the tournament deems unlawful or dangerous in its sole discretion.
- No pets (other than service animals) are permitted on the grounds.
- All purses and small bags are subject to search and unauthorized items will be confiscated.
Items Allowed Inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Coolers (restricted to no larger than 18”x14”x14”, coolers may be hard or soft sided). See below for concert cooler regulations.
- Food and beverages.
- Mobility aids used by guests with disabilities. Guests are responsible for securing unattended wheelchairs and scooters. IMS reserves the right to prohibit any device based on size or other considerations.
- Food and beverages including frozen water bottles.
- Binoculars, scanners and cameras. Professional cameras are not allowed within concert areas.
- Umbrellas as long as they do not obstruct the view of others. The umbrella’s user takes sole responsibility for the safe use of the umbrella.
- Carts and wagons are allowed every day except Indy 500 Race Day. The use of carts and wagons may be restricted in some areas.
- Camera stands (tripods, monopods, etc.) as long as they do not cause a safety hazard or obstruct the view of others. Camera stands are not allowed within concert areas.
- Audio and Video Recording Equipment. These are not allowed within concert areas.
- Strollers, lawn chairs and folding camping chairs. Strollers, regular height lawn chairs or folding chairs are not allowed in Concert VIP areas or the concert pit, they are allowed in the General Admission concert areas.
- Flags as long as they do not obstruct the view of others. Flags are not allowed within concert areas.
Items Not Allowed Inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway*
- Weapons, including pocketknives, firearms and ammunition, of any kind.
- Fireworks and flares.
- Unmanned aerial vehicles**, commonly known as a drones and also referred to as remotely piloted aircrafts, and similar remote controlled devices.
- Selfie sticks.
- Animals (except service animals assisting guests who are disabled).
- Lasers of any kind.
- Roller blades, skateboards, skates, hover boards and scooters.
- Golf carts.
- Coolers larger than 18" x 14" x 14". No coolers of any size are allowed into concert areas.
- Glass containers.
- Scaffolding or platforms.
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia.
- Any other items not mentioned that may pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of the event by other guests.
- Sampling or flyers of any kind.
- Aerosol cans.
*Please note, IMS Guest Services personnel reserves the right to deny entry of any items deemed inappropriate for any reason, per its sole and absolute discretion.
**The use of drones or any other unmanned aircraft systems is prohibited at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and its related facilities. This prohibition applies to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway race track facilities, parking and camping lots and vending areas and the Brickyard Crossing golf course.
Concert Cooler Regulations
- Miller Lite Carb Day Concert: Coolers are allowed in Concert General Admission and Concert Pit areas, but are NOT permitted within the VIP Deck.
- Firestone Legends Day Concert: No coolers allowed in Concert area.
- Indy 500 Snake Pit presented by Coors Light: Coolers are permitted within Snake Pit area under the same regulations as exterior walking gates (restricted to no larger than 18”x14”x14”, coolers may be hard or soft sided).
Garage Area Policy
- Restricted Areas: Credentials must be worn on person for admittance and must remain visible at all times.
- No smoking.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No coolers of any size.
- All bags must be searched before entering Garage Area.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway supports the use of bicycles for traveling to the facility. Bicyclists will not be allowed to enter through pedestrian gates. For the safety of cyclists, bicycles are not allowed to be ridden through vehicular tunnels.