May 23, 2013 | By Paul Kelly
Indy 500 Fans Can Buy Digital Version Of Program, Yearbook
Digital editions of the 2013 Indianapolis 500 Official Program and 2012 Indianapolis 500 Official Yearbook are available for the first time, allowing fans to read the best souvenir in sports on their tablet or mobile device.
The 2013 Official Program and 2012 Official Yearbook can be downloaded for viewing on an iPhone, iPad, Amazon Kindle Fire or Blackberry. Search for IMS Books in the App Store to find both books. The Official Program is $9.99 and the Official Yearbook $4.99.
Bonus content will be available in the digital versions of both books, including more than 80 new photos, dozens of video and audio clips in the Official Program and 10 bonus pages in the Official Yearbook.
Digital editions of the Official Program for the 2013 Kroger Super Weekend at the Brickyard on July 25-28 and Red Bull Indianapolis GP on Aug. 16-18 will be available shortly before the start of those events. Indianapolis 500 Official Programs from past years also will be available later this year in digital format.
This year’s Indianapolis 500 Official Program consists of 208 pages and is packed with colorful photographs and graphics and interesting feature stories, including:
- Details and colorful anecdotes from the once-in-a-lifetime photo shoots for this year’s program cover, featuring four-time Indianapolis 500 winners A.J. Foyt, Al Unser and Rick Mears, and three-time winners Bobby Unser, Johnny Rutherford, Helio Castroneves and Dario Franchitti.
- The pursuit for a fourth Indianapolis 500 victory this year by Dario Franchitti and Helio Castroneves.
- An interview with Indianapolis 500 legends Rick Mears, Parnelli Jones and Franchitti.
- Feature stories on 1963 Indianapolis 500 winner Parnelli Jones, reigning IZOD IndyCar Series champion Ryan Hunter-Reay, IZOD IndyCar Series standout Graham Rahal, Dallara’s new facility in Speedway, Ind., the deep relationship between the National Guard and Panther Racing, this year’s strong crop of Indianapolis 500 rookies, longtime Team Penske crew member Rick Rinaman, the Unser family dynasty at Indianapolis and many more.
- Detailed biographies on all 18 drivers who have won the Indianapolis 500 at least twice.
Fun fan features include driver biographies for the 97th Indianapolis 500, race entry lists, statistics, track records, a track map, schedules, lists of sponsors, lap prize sponsors and lap awards and much more.
The print edition of the 2013 Official Program and 2012 Official Yearbook can be purchased together for $15 at any IMS Official Trackside Gift Shop or at shop.brickyard.com.
2013 Indianapolis 500 tickets: Tickets are on sale for the 97th Indianapolis 500 Mile Race on Sunday, May 26 at IMS.
Race Day ticket prices start at just $30. Fans can buy tickets online at www.ims.com/tickets, by calling the IMS ticket office at (317) 492-6700, or (800) 822-INDY outside the Indianapolis area, or by visiting the ticket office at the IMS Administration Building at the corner of Georgetown Road and 16th Street between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday-Friday.
Children 12 and under will receive free general admission to any IMS event in 2013 when accompanied by an adult general admission ticket holder.
Tickets for groups of 20 or more also are on sale. Contact the IMS Group Sales Department at (866) 221-8775 for more information.
- Mon, August 18
Monday Racing Roundup: Marquez’s Streak Ends at 10
- Wed, August 06
TAG Heuer & INDYCAR Take their History into the Future
- Fri, August 01
Montoya is Open To Attempting 'The Double'
- Tue, July 22
New IMS Scoring Pylon Combines Old And New
- Mon, July 14
Hunter-Reay Blitzes Way To Victory in Iowa
- MORE HEADLINES