The Red Bull Indianapolis GP is a round of the MotoGP World Championship, the most prestigious motorcycle road racing series in the world. It has taken place annually since 2008 on a 16-turn, 2.591-mile road circuit at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway that incorporates part of the Speedway’s famous oval.
All three World Championship classes compete at the event: MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3. Unlike oval events at IMS, riders compete in the Red Bull Indianapolis GP rain or shine.
Be sure to be on time for all the events during the Red Bull Indianapolis. From on-track activity to motorcycle stunt shows be sure to check the schedule for the latest information. View Schedule
View the Indianapolis Motor Speedway circuit and see where everything will be for the Red Bull Indianapolis GP. View Map
Make it easier to spot your favorite riders with our easy to read spotter guide. View Guide
Motorcycles on Meridian
Downtown Indianapolis comes alive with the roaring of motorcycles throughout the MotoGP weekend. Learn More
The Moto Midway will be the center of off-track action during the Red Bull Indianapolis GP weekend. This exciting display will feature concerts and events all weekend long! Learn More
Vendor Marketplace presented by Westfield Powersports
MotoGP fans can see and purchase gear from top motorcycle equipment and accessory companies. Learn More
Pit Lane Walk
Get up close to the MotoGP riders and teams with a pit walk through the MotoGP Paddock at IMS. Learn More
IMS Kids Club
The IMS Kids Club is an organization for the young race fans in your life. It has fun and exciting events for kids during all of the events, as well as year round. Learn More
A few other facts about the race:
- Seven-time MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi won the inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis GP in 2008.
- Jorge Lorenzo has earned the most podium (top three) finishes in the MotoGP class scoring six podiums in the first seven years of the Red Bull Indianapolis GP. Dani Pedrosa is second with four podiums and Nicky Hayden, Valentino Rossi and Ben Spies are tied with two apiece.
- Alex de Angelis became the first motorcycle rider to top 200 mph at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, reaching a top velocity of 201.3 mph during the 2009 race. The current motorcycle top speed record at Indianapolis is 216.9 mph set by Honda’s Dani Pedrosa in 2014.
- Riders in the Red Bull Indianapolis GP can lean their bikes as much as 64 degrees in corners, with the tire contact patch with the asphalt only equaling the size of a credit card.
- Marc Marquez holds the MotoGP track record in Indianapolis. Marquez clocked a lap at 1 minute, 31.619 seconds on his factory Repsol Honda during qualifying for 2014.
- Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa are the only two riders to win multiple Red Bull Indianapolis GP's. Pedrosa won the premier class in 2010 and 2012 with Marquez winning in 2013 and 2014. They are also the only riders to earn multiple pole positions (two) in the MotoGP class in Indianapolis.
- The very first motorized race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway was a motorcycle event Aug. 14, 1909.
- Tue, September 16
Make-A-Wish, IMS Combine To Create Unforgettable Moment For Teenager
- Mon, September 15
Monday Racing Roundup: Keselowski Takes First Race of Chase
- Fri, September 12
ISC President Melangton Joins Hulman Motorsports
- Mon, September 08
Monday Racing Roundup: Keselowski Wins at Richmond
- Tue, September 02
Monday Racing Roundup: Power Wins Elusive IndyCar Title
- MORE HEADLINES