All coolers and bags must be smaller than 18”x14”x14” in size; coolers can be hard or soft sided. Coolers and bags will be checked for both size and contents at each pedestrian gate. It is recommended that guests arrive early and allow proper time for inspection.
The following items are allowed inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway facility:
- Coolers (restricted to no larger than 18”x14”x14”, coolers may be hard or soft sided)
- Food and beverages
- Binoculars, scanners and cameras
- Camera stands (tripods, monopods, etc.) are allowed in the facility as long as they do not cause a safety hazard nor obstruct the view of others.
- Strollers, lawn chairs and folding camping chairs
- Umbrellas are allowed and may be used as long as the user does not obstruct the view of others and takes sole responsibility for their safe use.
- Carts and wagons are allowed every day except Race Day. The use of carts and wagons may be restricted in some areas.
- Mobility aids used by guests with disabilities are allowed. Guests are responsible for securing unattended wheelchairs and scooters. IMS reserves the right to restrict any device based on size or other consideration.
To ensure that all guests have a safe and memorable experience, the following items will not be permitted inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway facility:
- Weapons, including firearms and ammunition, of any kind
- Fireworks and flares
- Animals (except service animals assisting guests who are disabled)
- Roller blades, skateboards, skates and scooters
- Golf carts
- Coolers larger than 18"x14"x14"
- Glass containers
- Scaffolds or platforms
- Illegal drugs
- Any other items not mentioned that may pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of the event by other guests
*Please note, IMS Guest Services personnel reserves the right to deny entry of any items deemed inappropriate for any reason, per its sole and absolute discretion.
- Mon, April 14
Conway Wins 40th Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach
- Fri, April 11
Festival On Main Presented by Firestone and Rev Indy Kick Off May Activities
- Tue, April 08
Get Ready for the Grand Prix of Long Beach
- Tue, April 08
'500' Winner Bobby Rahal To Display Classic Cars in May at IMS
- Mon, April 07
Indy Racing Experience Victory Laps Now Available Daily at IMS
- MORE HEADLINES