The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the worldwide leader in motorsports entertainment and the largest spectator sporting facility in the world. But IMS also is about people, a talented staff with diverse skills that are used to the fullest to stage of the world’s great motor racing events – Angie's List Grand Prix of Indianapolis, Indianapolis 500, Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational, Crown Royal 400 at the Brickyard and Red Bull Indianapolis GP.
Employees at IMS are challenged daily to excel in an environment featuring a pace that matches the high speed of the machines that race at the famous facility. Working at IMS is a demanding yet rewarding endeavor for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, tradition and pageantry of the World’s Greatest Race Course.
Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information.
We are looking for a motivated, organized and relationship-oriented creative project manager to join the IMS and INDYCAR Creative and Marketing team. The Creative Project Manager will be responsible for coordination and administration of both individual print and web projects which may include: scheduling, developing budgets, procurement and acting as liaison between the client and the design team. Areas of work may include: branding, graphics, communications, research/strategic or environmental design for print media, broadcast or digital delivery.
The primary mission is to ensure that assigned internal and external projects are completed successfully and meet the established brand and quality standards – on schedule. In this position, you will work on offline and online projects for IMS, INDYCAR and other related events and key properties. You will make a direct impact on our business through your ability to guide projects successfully through the creative and project cycle. This position reports to the Creative Director.
- Day-to-day project communications with internal clients.
- Fields and processes incoming projects through company intranet, gather all information necessary to begin project to hand off to the designers.
- Tracks progress of creative projects with project management software (Teamwork, Basecamp and Excel currently used).
- Monitors of hours and budgets throughout a project cycle.
- Develops and manages project timelines, ensure deadlines are met, raise awareness on issues requiring escalation.
- Manages internal routing and client approvals.
- Traffic work to vendors (printers, publications) and ads to media team for distribution via external agencies.
- Runs creative department production and client status meetings along with marketing teams from INDYCAR and IMS.
- Helps establish and refine agency workflow processes.
- Schedules agency resources and set staff priority lists, identify freelance needs.
- Assists with inventory management of creative projects that are outstanding and need to be completed, as well as communicating with the key stakeholder on timelines and expectations.
- Assists with proofreading, editing and digital file archiving on all projects.
- Sources bids and works closely with print vendors on projects from start to final delivery, ensuring quality and continuity meets IMS and INDYCAR standards.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the company and the Vision, Mission and Values.
- General office management and other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist other departments on race and event days if requested.
- 2-5 years of experience in traffic/project management.
- Advertising agency experience preferred.
- Proficient user of project management software; Basecamp and Teamwork experience a strong plus.
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, comfortable with client interaction and collaborating with a team, yet excels at working independently.
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing tactics and operations.
- Must approach technology and digital media with a “no fear” attitude and feel.
- comfortable learning new things.
- Overall eagerness to self-educate, problem-solve, identify and recommend areas for improvement in project execution, and a strong motivation toward producing the best possible work for all clients.
- High integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong people skills; must be effective at managing good client relations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Great attention to detail with strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office for Mac and working knowledge of Macintosh-based Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Marketing Communications, related field, or equivalent experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please email Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org