The Indianapolis Motor Speedway will be the epicenter of American stock car racing and North American sports car racing July 24-27, 2014, as the NASCAR Nationwide Series and GRAND-AM Road Racing will join the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series return for four exciting races during the Kroger Super Weekend at the Brickyard.
Races will take place on the 2.5-mile oval and 2.534-mile road course during the same weekend.
All four days of the Kroger Super Weekend at the Brickyard will be packed with on-track action, providing great value for fans.
The 2014 Brickyard 400 is scheduled for Sunday, July 27. Practice takes place Friday, July 25, with qualifying Saturday, July 26.
Find out what is going on during the 2014 Kroger Super Weekend at the Brickyard. View Schedule
IMS Kids Club
The IMS Kids Club is an organization for the young race fans in your life. It has fun and exciting events for kids during all of the events, as well as year round. Learn More
A few other facts about the race:
- Jeff Gordon won the inaugural Brickyard 400 in 1994. Gordon, born in California but raised in nearby Pittsboro, Ind., has an event-record four victories (1994, ’98, 2001, 2004).
- Jimmie Johnson is the only driver to win the Brickyard 400 in consecutive years (2008-09).
- Jeff Gordon is the youngest driver to win the Brickyard 400, age 23, at the inaugural event in 1994. Bill Elliott is the oldest driver to win, age 46, in 2002.
- When Tony Stewart won the 2005 Brickyard 400, he became the first Indiana native to win an event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway since Wilbur Shaw captured his third Indianapolis 500 victory in 1940.
- Drivers have achieved the “double” of winning the Brickyard 400 and the series championship eight times in the event’s 16-year history. Jimmie Johnson has achieved the feat three times (2006, ’08, ’09), more than any other driver.
- Tue, April 08
Action Express Racing Long Beach Bound as Championship Leaders
- Tue, April 08
Logano Passes Gordon On Final Lap For Texas Win
- Mon, April 07
Indy Racing Experience Victory Laps Now Available Daily at IMS
- Thu, April 03
Fans Can Help Send U.S. Troops To IMS Events In 2014
- Mon, March 31
Kurt Busch Fights His Way For Martinsville Win
- MORE HEADLINES