The Indianapolis Motor Speedway was the epicenter of American stock car racing and North American sports car racing July 24-27, 2014, when the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship joined the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series return for four exciting races during the Kroger Super Weekend at the Brickyard.
The races took place on the 2.5-mile oval and 2.435-mile road course during the same weekend.
All four days of the Kroger Super Weekend at the Brickyard were packed with on-track action, providing great value for fans.
The 2015 Kroger Super Weekend at the Brickyard is to be determined. Check back soon for more information.
Find out what is going on during the 2015 Kroger Super Weekend at the Brickyard. View Schedule
IMS Kids Club
The IMS Kids Club is an organization for the young race fans in your life. It has fun and exciting events for kids during all of the events, as well as year round. Learn More
A few other facts about the race:
- Jeff Gordon won the inaugural Brickyard 400 in 1994. Gordon, born in California but raised in nearby Pittsboro, Ind., has an event-record five victories (1994, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2014).
- Jimmie Johnson is the only driver to win the Brickyard 400 in consecutive years (2008-09).
- Jeff Gordon is the youngest driver to win the Brickyard 400, age 23, at the inaugural event in 1994. Bill Elliott is the oldest driver to win, age 46, in 2002.
- When Tony Stewart won the 2005 Brickyard 400, he became the first Indiana native to win an event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway since Wilbur Shaw captured his third Indianapolis 500 victory in 1940.
- Drivers have achieved the “double” of winning the Brickyard 400 and the series championship eight times in the event’s 16-year history. Jimmie Johnson has achieved the feat three times (2006, ’08, ’09), more than any other driver.
- Wed, September 17
Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational Returns June 11-14
- Tue, September 16
Make-A-Wish, IMS Combine To Create Unforgettable Moment For Teenager
- Mon, September 15
Monday Racing Roundup: Keselowski Takes First Race of Chase
- Fri, September 12
ISC President Melangton Joins Hulman Motorsports
- Thu, September 11
From 16 to 1: NASCAR Chase For The Sprint Cup Preview
- MORE HEADLINES