The Indianapolis Motor Speedway strives to provide a fun, exciting, and safe experience for race guests of all ages. The following regulations are in place to help make your visit enjoyable. Please note: All items brought through the gate are subject to search, and removal or disposal of any prohibited item will be the sole responsibility of the fan.
IMS reserves the right to revoke any guests' privileges to remain on the Speedway premises if it, in its sole discretion, believes that a violation of this regulation has occurred.
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway reserves the right to change these regulations at any time.
- Compliance with all local, state, and federal laws is required. Weapons, including firearms and ammunition, of any kind are not permitted (unless in the possession of a duly authorized law enforcement officer). Fireworks and flares are not allowed.
- Coolers are permitted but size is restricted to no larger than 18 inches by 14 inches by 14 inches; coolers may be hard- or soft-sided.
- Purses, backpacks and other bags are permitted. Size is not to exceed 18 inches by 14 inches by 14 inches.
- Food and beverages are permitted, but no glass containers of any kind are allowed.
- Binoculars, scanners and cameras (including cases) are allowed inside the Speedway .
- Camera stands (tripods, monopods, etc.) are allowed on the grounds as long as they do not cause safety hazard nor obstruct the view of others. Such equipment is not to be used in the stands.
- Strollers, lawn chairs and folding camping chairs are allowed. Such items are not permitted in the stands, and IMS does not provide storage or safekeeping.
- Umbrellas are permitted and may be used as long as the user does not obstruct the view of others and takes sole responsibility for their safe use.
- Carts and wagons are allowed every day except Race Day. Use of carts and wagons may be restricted in some areas.
- Mobility aids used by guests with disabilities are permitted. Guests are responsible for securing unattended wheelchairs and scooters. The Speedway reserves the right to restrict any device based on size or other consideration.
- Animals, other than law enforcement dogs and assistance animals for the disabled (e.g.: Seeing Eye dogs), are not allowed.
- Roller blades, skateboards, skates, and scooters are not permitted in the facility.
- Golf carts are reserved for the exclusive use of officials or representatives of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IZOD IndyCar Series and permitted race participants, and then only for business purposes. All golf carts must be pre-approved and pre-registered with the Speedway, and no personal golf carts are permitted.
- No scaffolding or other structures are allowed.
- Any other items not mentioned that may pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of the event by others are not permitted.
- Handbills, leaflets, flyers, pamphlets and samples of any kind are not to be distributed or placed on the grounds without the express written approval of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Scalping of tickets or the sale of any merchandise without the express written approval of IMS is not permitted on Speedway property.
- Personal items brought to the Speedway are the sole responsibility of their owner, and the owner assumes the risk of their loss or damage.
- Tailgating is permitted in the North 40 (lot north of track, off 30th Street) and Third Turn parking areas. Grilling is allowed on small portable grills. No dumping of charcoal or ashes is allowed.
- Portable shelters (i.e.: E-Z Up shelters) no larger than 10 feet by 10 feet are allowed in designated tailgating areas. They must be set up behind vehicle, not taking another parking spot or hindering vehicle or pedestrian travel areas. Shelters must be secured to the vehicle.
- Trucks larger than 1 ton are not permitted to enter the infield. Camper shells may not exceed cab height by more than 12 inches.
- Vans with a capacity of larger than 15 passengers are not permitted on the grounds unless prior authorization has been received from the Safety Office.
- There is no public motorhome or RV parking in the infield.
- Buses are not permitted in the infield without prior authorization from the Safety Office.
- Limousines and taxis are not allowed to park in the infield without prior authorization from the Safety Office. Such vehicles are allowed to enter Gate 2 to drop off and pick up passengers in front of the Museum on practice days only.
- During the Red Bull Indianapolis GP, all fans in motor vehicles (cars, trucks or motorcycles) should enter the facility through Gate 10 (30th Street). Gate 2 (16th Street) will be for credentialed vehicles only.
- Guests with motorcycles are permitted to enter Gate 2 and proceed directly to the motorcycle lot located behind the South Terrace Grandstands during the Indianapolis 500 and Brickyard 400. During the Red Bull Indianapolis GP, guests with motorcycles should enter via Gate 10 (30th Street) and follow IMS Safety officials' direction to motorcycle parking lots.
- Mopeds and motor scooters are not permitted to be used on the Speedway premises without IMS permission. Mopeds or motor scooters used to transport guests to and from the premises shall be treated the same as motorcycles.
- At all times, vehicles on IMS property shall be operated in a safe, courteous manner, based on current conditions, at speeds not to exceed 20 mph. IMS is not responsible for damage or personal injury caused by or to vehicles that are not owned or operated by IMS or its authorized representatives.
- Wed, August 26
2015 400 at the Brickyard Set For Sunday, July 26
- Mon, August 25
Monday Racing Roundup: Dixon Wins in Sonoma
- Mon, August 18
Monday Racing Roundup: Marquez’s Streak Ends at 10
- Mon, August 11
Rewards Prices Available To Fans Reordering 2015 MotoGP Tickets
- Sun, August 10
Marquez Wins 2014 Red Bull Indianapolis GP at IMS
- MORE HEADLINES